HTET: The Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test is a state-level assessment conducted by the Board of School Education, Haryana (BSEH) to recruit Primary Teachers, Trained Graduate Teachers (TGT), and Post Graduate Teachers (PGT) for Haryana Government-affiliated schools.
HTET Exam 2023 Important Dates
|Online registration begins||October 30, 2023|
|Online registration ends||November 10, 2023|
|Application correction window||November 11-12, 2023|
|Release of admit card||November 24, 2023|
|Exam date||December 2-3, 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for HTET 2023
To qualify for the HTET exam, candidates must meet the following requirements based on their teaching level:
|Primary Teacher (PRT)||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.) or its equivalent|
|Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT)||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) or its equivalent|
|Post Graduate Teacher (PGT)||Master’s degree in any discipline with a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) or its equivalent|
HTET Exam 2023 Exam Fees
|Category||One Level||Two Levels||Three Levels|
|SC & PH Candidates of Haryana Domicile||₹500||₹900||₹1200|
|All Candidates Except SC & PH Candidates of Haryana Domicile||₹1000||₹1800||₹2400|
|Candidates Outside Haryana (Including SC & PH)||₹1000||₹1800||₹2400|
The minimum age limit for the HTET exam is 18 years. However, there are age relaxations for certain categories of candidates, such as SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates.
Candidates must be Indian citizens or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) to be eligible for the HTET exam.
There is no domicile requirement for the HTET exam. Any Candidates from any state or union territory can apply for the exam.
Other Eligibility Criteria
In addition to the above eligibility criteria, candidates must also meet the following criteria to be eligible for the HTET exam:
- Applicants should possess both physical and mental well-being to effectively carry out the responsibilities of a teacher.
- Candidates must not have been convicted of any criminal offense.
Relaxations for Certain Categories of Candidates
The following categories of candidates are eligible for certain relaxations in the HTET exam eligibility criteria:
- SC/ST/OBC candidates: 5% relaxation in the minimum qualifying marks.
- PWD candidates: 10% relaxation in the minimum qualifying marks and age relaxation of 5 years.
- Ex-servicemen candidates: Age relaxation of 5 years.
HTET Exam Pattern 2023
The HTET exam consists of two papers:
- Paper 1: General Pedagogy, covering Child Development and Pedagogy, Language Comprehension and Communication, Quantitative Reasoning, and Reasoning.
- Paper 2: Subject-Specific Knowledge in Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, English, Hindi, and Sanskrit. Each paper is worth 150 marks and comprises multiple-choice questions. The exam is Organised in offline mode.
HTET Exam Syllabus 2023
The HTET exam syllabus aligns with the NCERT syllabus for the respective teaching levels. Detailed syllabus information is available for download on the official HTET website.
How to Apply for HTET Exam 2023
To submit an application for the HTET 2023, visit the official HTET website. The application process opens on October 30, 2023, and closes on November 10, 2023.
HTET Exam Preparation
For effective exam preparation, candidates can access various resources, including:
- Official HTET Website: This source offers the latest information about the exam, including the syllabus, exam pattern, and previous year papers.
- Mock Tests and Practice Papers: Numerous mock tests and practice papers are available online and in bookstores to enhance time management skills and identify areas for improvement.
- Study Guides and Books: A wide range of study guides and books are accessible to help candidates grasp the exam’s concepts and topics.